Lockdown timing

6B43D3ED-5964-474A-B46D-0419881824C2.jpeg
Oh boy here is our first little guy. 🥰🥰🥰

My flock has two blue Ameraucana Roos
Two black and one blue Ameraucana hens
White leghorn hens,
Rhode Island red hen
Red sex link hens
So I put in a few of the mixed eggs White two shades of brown and then as many Ameraucana eggs as I could get in seven days

Pretty good hatch for my first I would say. Locked down 2eggs. Hatched 18.
actually 19 :-( one of my amaraucana eggs ended up getting pushed around and the bottom of an egg shell ended up fitting over the chicks I hatched egg. It wasn’t able to hatch... when I turned it off three days later and took the eggs out to see what happened to the few eggs that didn’t hatch I pulled off the extra shell and found the little hole with a poor little beak poking out of its own shell unable to break the second shell I guess she suffocated :-(. Heart breaking... has anyone ever had anything like this happen?

I lost one of the 18 on the second night in the brooder, not sure what happened because everyone looked good for the two days before.
I have one little amaraucana that has straddle legs. I’ve got a little taped brace to help her legs stay together... been 24 hours and she’s walking ok with the brace. Not ready to have it off but should be good tomorrow. Check in at 24hrs after putting the brace on and she’s almost holding them straight.

I started with 27 eggs took one out before lock down (had three I wasn’t sure about so left in... two were not fertile and the other looked as though it stopped development early) hatched 18 one that was trapped in the duplicate shell issue and 4 that developed what looks like fully but didn’t hatch :-(

Back
Top Bottom