Lockdown tomorrow :) Advise?

I just finished candling and locking down. After removing a few clears and quitters I have 9 FBCM (shipped), 9 frizzle bantam Cochin, 12 EEs and 21 blue & splash Ameraucanas. The Ameraucanas were moved to another incubator for hatching so they don't get mixed up with the EEs which look basically the same.

Now the waiting begins...
pop.gif

yeah its going to be a looong lockdown period. I am already encountering an issue...my humidity is sky high. condensation on the viewing windows, registering at like 75% on 3 different hygrometers. ive syphoned out water, removed my paper towels.....any other suggestions?
he.gif

Ok..am locking down tomorrow morning....LG incubator..taking eggs out of turner...(have had steady 99.5 w/humidity mostly 38 since day 1) added water in beginning...then day 4..7..10 small amts 1 to 1 1/2 oz) only added water when humidity was at 30...eggs out and into egg cartons (1st try) will put a sponge under wire and fill water trays.....have 41 eggs no room for thermometor/humidity thing in the incubator..
thats my plan...will not open until unit so full of chicks I have to get them out. first time hatcher, first time using egg cartons, oh forgot will take plugs out also...won't know what humidity is but the instructions that came with LG doesn't STRESS humidity..just to keep adding water... what do you think of this....success or no

I'm goin in to lockdown tomorrw too. This is my 4th hatch. The best advice I could give you has already been said. But... if you have to get into the incubator for what ever reason make sure none of the unhatched eggs have pipped. Once they pip they are open to the enviroment in the bator and the humidity must be maintained. Good luck on you hatch and keep us posted.
pop.gif

Kaitlyn: 75% Humidity is just fine at hatch. Good luck on yours.

Okay it's time - crossing my fingers and going for it. Wish me luck
big_smile.png
Humidity should be about 65 - 70%, yes? still air styrobator

Quote:
You humidity sounds about right ~ try not to go any higher than 70% if possible. Now sit and watch patiently.

I have a 2nd pip ~ this time an Ameraucana. I can also see rocking in the pipped eggs and hear peeping!
wee.gif
and back to waiting.
pop.gif

Went into lockdown this afternoon. A little early cause I had some time to kill. Candled them all and checked for pips none noted. Added another thermometer and noticed I had a pip
ep.gif
An hour later I had another. To my surprise the one that pipped first was the oldest, layed 3/9. The other was layed 3/14. I guess keeping them cool does work. Good thing I moved them early lol.

Up Date: First pip this afternoon is starting to zip.
jumpy.gif
Should have a new fuzzy butt real soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom