Lockdown with Robo's eggs *They're hatching*

Quote:
That's all very interesting, and I will read it when I medicate my birds
wink.png

I choose to "NOT" medicate my birds. Just me Brother
smile.png

Thanks for the links JJ. I just googled Amprolin or what ever it is that is the medication in the Purina Startena for Game birds. My miller ran out of non medicated.
The whole reason I am looking so forward to quail eggs is because my son is immuno comprimised and I was hoping for a boost in nutritional value anywhere I could get it. Quail eggs apparently at least anectdotally offer that given their higher levels of "important stuff"... I don't mind cracking 15 eggs for his breakfast instead of 3.
smile.png

I don't want these eggs to have any residual antibiotic in them that will make it even HARDER to help Cooper when he gets sick. It is scary to be a mom to a boy who gets sick alot. Google Immunoglobulin A deficiency.

Antibiotic resistance is a real thing. A real thing I can't afford to face. You see Cooper on my avatar.

I PMd Rainwolf for a milled recipie, which my miller is offering to do for me. I will take any other suggestions until the unmedicated feed can get here. We have Buttons and Coturnix.

I also PMd Quaillady.

Sorry to keep the muck up of the thread going. And yes....

Sounds like the original poster is GOOD TO GO. Marbles in the waterer to prevent drowning of chicks, is what JJ was talkin bout. YOU GO. I am a newbie too and am soo excited. More eggs arrive tomorrow, got the bators all warmed & tuned.
Let us see pics of Robo's and your babies! Love the pics. I have to hold my hand back every time I see Robo and any of these guys selling the eggs. This is truly my addiction.

Tonya

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a small chick fount that I am going to put pebbles in. It's one of the red based ones that screw onto a mason jar.

Last edited:
I went to bed and decided that I could't sleep so I went into the livingroom to get my book when I hear peep peep. I checked the bator and one is over half way zipped. There are two more pips that best I can see. The zipper is already out. Why do they wait until you try to go to bed to start hatching
hu.gif

Last edited:
mine always wait till I'm at work all day to hatch
he.gif

Lucky for me someone is home to get them into the brooders.
so far I have 8 buttons and 3 coturnix. I'm hoping the other 140 eggs wait till I get home tonight!

Quote:
STEALTH MODE... EASIER TO SNEAK UP ON FOLKS AND KILL THEM WHEN THEY'RE SLEEPIN....
big_smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

Here is what we have so far. Pardon the pic. I took it with my phone. My camera batteries are dead and I don't have any more.

57594_img00144-20110307-1813.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom