Lockdown ?

Gagirly

Songster
8 Years
Nov 1, 2011
Perry, GA
I have some of my chickens' eggs in an incubator that I started before I found this forum, I'm learning as I go. What is meant by lockdown and what do you mean when you say you are setting eggs on a certain date ?

Lock down means on day 18, take them out of the turner, fill your water chambers (depending on what kind of incubator you have) and tie your hands behind your back so you DON'T keep opening the lid to check on them.

I agree, incubation day 1 to day 18 then on day 18 if you have a turner take the eggs out of the turner or if you are hand turning stop turning the eggs and increase the humidity (lockdown) getting the eggs set to hatch.

IMG_2610.jpg

OMG HOW ADORABLE.... Lockdown is where the stress kicks in and temptation starts to over power you, Have lot's of self control, keep the bator closed, humidity up and try to avoid staring at the bator. LOL.. Good luck...

I have to admit I am really looking forward to lockdown. I've been hand turning the eggs, and I can't wait to not have to worry about that anymore! My first/last batch spent most of the time under the broody so I didn't have to worry about it.

Quote:
I hand turn as well and it really is a joy to NOT have to do that anymore... But not such a joy waiting for the little fuzzies to come out by doing a stare down with the incubator.. LOL...

Back
Top Bottom