Locked in chicken run

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by terrilhb, May 9, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    So DH and I build a new chicken coop and run. All is good. I go outside at dark to close the run door like I always do. Not thinking. 2 of my dogs go with me. Like always. I get the door closed and go to leave. NOPE the run door had shut and I am locked in. My DH forgot to put a latch for me to get out. I stand out there in the dark yelling for someone to help me. Nobody comes. Of course my dogs are whining at me. After about 10 mins of yelling and trying to get out I open the run door again. I crawl through into the coop and unlatch the door. I was mad as a hornet. Come in the back door and slam it. DH says what is wrong with you. I tell him exactly what is wrong. (not nicely either). He says well what is the problem you got out didn't you. I tell him I could have been locked in their all night and nobody would even miss me. He says smiling I would have looked for you eventually. And laughed. Well needless to say he went outside with the flashlight and put the latch on for me to get out. I knew I would win. UUUUGGGHHHH.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Do you have any idea how many of these stories are posted here every year?? You are not alone. [​IMG]

3. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    [​IMG] Sorry I have to laugh and you will laugh about it too eventually!! Maybe if you had locked yourself in there closer to dinner time someone would have come out quicker!!! Sorry you got locked out there but glad you go out!!

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Been there, done that! [​IMG]

5. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I put cam bolts on mine, so I couldnt get locked in.

Then my toddler started walking. He LOVES the cam bolts. Locked me in just last night, but at least now he is old enough to UN-latch it if I yell loud enough.

6. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Yeah I have been there twice untill I took the defected door nob off.

7. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    And THAT is why I don't make the doors big enough for me to go through. The wife fits nicely though! [​IMG]

8. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    the good news is you fit through the pop door..........

9. Heckel's Hens

Heckel's Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Southern VA
    Happened to me twice in the first week. [​IMG] Now I have a safety release!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by