Hey all, thanks for all the details! I received more info our tech team.

Short version: Because of some interweb changes, we had to change how our "login" button and system work. You should still be able to login directly here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/login

Long version:

Quote: Firefox has also tested a similar change, but hasn't been as aggressive in their deployment of the change. Since it's currently possible to log in from any page on one of our sites, this means Chrome 56 would mark every page on your site "not secure", which would no doubt alarm visitors.

To head this off, we started work months ago, silently migrating to a new DNS provider for all huddler sites, deploying SSL certificates, and migrating to new IP addresses. This process proved (almost completely) seamless.

To minimize possible disruption to your sites and your revenue, we opted to enable HTTPS only on the login and join pages. This means there will be one very large visible change: we can no longer include the login form in the header of the page, nor can we display an in-page login popup. For sites with a login form in the header currently, only the "login" button will remain, which will redirect visitors to https://www.backyardchickens.com/login . In cases where clicking an element on the page would have invoked a join popup, visitors will instead be redirected to the same secured login page. Outside of this, the changes in this release should be largely transparent (even though this change impacted hundreds of lines of code spanning more than 100 source files).

We hope you'll appreciate this incremental improvement in the security of your sites, and the proactive move to keep ahead of ever-changing browser compatibility requirements.

So, if you can't login, please reply with:

1. Browser version
  2. The URL of the page you are trying to login to
  3. Any error messages
  4. The exact steps you take to duplicate the problem

Last edited:
Hey @twisted-acres-farm , sorry that you're having problems. Are you using Google Chrome or another browser?

Very odd that the browser isn't remembering your password! Is anybody else currently experiencing that?

i have to put in my name and password but i chose to do it that way, shared computer

sorry cant help there

Back
Top Bottom