logging on from Central Fl

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pepperwolfe, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Pepperwolfe

Pepperwolfe Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Groveland FL
    Hey all.

I found this website because of Mom! She had a few old hens last spring and was going to let them go. Someone talked her into ordering more chickens with the deal that Mom would provide the supplies and this person would provide the labor. Well, the deal broke and Mom has all these chickens. She goes out to take care of her girls and I get to expand the chicken coop.

We're all farm people from Pa, Md and Wva but moved down to Fl a little over 20 years ago. So I remember living on the farm and taking care of animals but some of the details are a little hazy. We have about 10 acres now and have been gardening for the past few years so I guess we're slowly going back to our roots.

Would you believe Mom is asking for Goats next? A calf or two after that? Halp?[​IMG]

2. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] You will get all the info you want and more at BYC. [​IMG] This is a really fun place.

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Glad to have you with us WELCOME!!!!

AL

4. Pepperwolfe

Pepperwolfe Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Groveland FL
    Thank You! It's 1:30 am and I'm stuck with a cold. But I can pass the news on to Mom about this site. She loves her girls.

Oh yeah, I guess she loves me and my daughter too:lol:

5. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and welcome to BYC from NC. [​IMG]

6. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

7. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

10. Sunshine Chick 1

Sunshine Chick 1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Longwood, Florida
    Glad to see someone else from Central Florida on here. I am a newbie and just learning. My kids are grown and we moved to several acres and got back into raising bunnies. We raised bunnies when our kids were little in our smaller house. Now they are grown, my husband and I thought we needed a new chapter in life. So with the new property we got a little over a year ago we are having a little farm. animal by animal or chick by chick for now. I want a goat or two also, but that is the biggest I can talk him into for now. I don't think I am too far from Groveland.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by