Logic 101, boy-style

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sunny Side Up, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    While preparing for a family outing, my 7-year-old son was picking his scooter up off the driveway to place in the back of our van when he suddenly dropped it back on the ground. "YUCK!!" he yelled, "Stupid goose POOPED on it!" He shows me the palm of his hand that touched the goop -- then proceeds to wipe his hand down the front of his shirt!!!

"NOOO!!" I yelled at him "Don't wipe it on your shirt! Wipe it in the grass, wash it in the hose, find a paper towel! You're too old to be using your clothes as napkins or tissues any more! Gooood grief!"

Moments later Mister comes out, and I tell him what HIS son did, and tell him to have a talk with this child who shares both his genes and his chromosone pattern. I overheard him scolding the boy: "Son, when you get duck poop on your hand, don't wipe it on your clothes! That's gross! Now you have to go change your shirt!"

"Da-A-add!" he replies, stretching the name into three syllables, "it was GOOSE poop!"

I can see this boy is well on his way to thinking like a teenager, and some day will be able to reason like a Man...[​IMG]

2. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I send you all the luck on that one! My 17 yr old uses his jeans all the time to wipe his hands off! [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    He didn't want it on him so he wiped it on his shirt.

Have fun with that! [​IMG]

4. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    but it was goose poo.. [​IMG]

5. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Once, in a biology class, we were sent out with swabs to collect samples of stuff that we could culture bacteria from. The ickiest sample came from the bottom of someone's shoe. The 'cleanest'? Yup, you guessed it.....Goose Poop! [​IMG]

6. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Well........since we have 4 boys and 2 girls..........I can tell you that in our case it is almost always the boys rubbing something on themselves and then saying "but mom, I was just wiping my hands!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I know you probably don't want to hear this, but my "boys" run from 30 to 9! So it doesn't get any better as they age! [​IMG]

Oh and DH is 60 and will still do the same thing LOL! "hunny, I don't know why I smell like (diesel, gas, poo, etc.........) until I mention his clothes............... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck and thanks for allowing me to feel a tiny bit normal......good to know others deal with this too!!!

7. danamillette

danamillette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Northern Wisconsin
    Let me know how that works for ya...LOL
    My husband is 44 and STILL does that. sheesh!

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Yeah and the worst one is the blow the nose outside without a hankerchief or Kleenex and um WIPING it off with the fingers! EWWWWWWW!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by