Logistics help please - mama + 4 chicks and a broody!

I forgot to come back with pics of the new coop and set up!
What? :smackThere is something busier and more important in your life than keeping US updated?? :lau

Looks good, not sure why H would want to take her kids into D's nest but yep, seems you need to keep the coop runs separated for now. I would definitely get rid of any visible foam, chickens like to eat it. I don't know what would make it attractive to them. They will also eat rigid insulation.

Bent the tiles over their legs? I can see where that would make for a lot of NON uniformity. But, I guess it was a tool they always had available.

What? :smackThere is something busier and more important in your life than keeping US updated?? :lau
I know - go figure :confused::lau:lau
Looks good, not sure why H would want to take her kids into D's nest
Thanks :D Because she's a chicken??? No idea! I'm guessing because it was where she a/ lived before she went broody b/ sat the whole time she was broody and c/ where she had the babies and the first time it was only after having had 1 night in the new coop the 2nd time I'm not so sure as she'd had 3 nights by then. Maybe because she is Hermione the warrior silkie and that is where she wanted to sleep :lau
I would definitely get rid of any visible foam, chickens like to eat it.
Eek I didnt' even think of that - it is up on the roof though so the silkies won't get up there but the chicks when they get bigger I guess will have no problem!
Bent the tiles over their legs? I can see where that would make for a lot of NON uniformity. But, I guess it was a tool they always had available.
It sure does! Historically fascinating though - years ago when we were redoing the roof on the first house we did up over here we carefully stacked all the old tiles, redid all the timbers, roof felt, put a layer of new tiles under and then the good old ones over the top. We found one that was just amazing - the guy obviously had a bowed leg and you could totally see it - the tile would have been hundreds of years old (probably 2-300) and it was very humbling to hold it and actually visualise a person that had done it. I wish we had kept that tile - or at least taken a pic - that was pre owning a digital camera though and of course we were much slower to whip out the camera then!

And roofing for chicken coops! I can see it would be difficult to to find enough to do a whole house, and I suspect there is a POSSIBILITY new ones might be better made (though we all know they don't make things like they used to), at least they will be quite uniform.

And roofing for chicken coops! I can see it would be difficult to to find enough to do a whole house, and I suspect there is a POSSIBILITY new ones might be better made (though we all know they don't make things like they used to), at least they will be quite uniform.
Absolutely - I have enough there for a few coops :lol: and yes the old ones look gorgeous on a house roof but the new regular ones for the under layer (pointing up) makes for a much more waterproof roof on a house :lol:

Back
Top Bottom