Lol another question !!! lol to many drakes

J99

Songster
Jul 25, 2019
Kentucky
My Coop
My Coop
I had a thought , if I end up with five drakes and two ducks , can I put the two ducks in with the chickens and house the five drakes together alone without any females? Will they get along then?
I’m just trying to figure out a way I can keep all of my ducks , and in harmony

How old are your ducklings? I wouldn't put young ducks in with chickens, chickens can be brutal. And ducks can also pick on chickens. My ducks and chickens sleep in the same house chickens roosting ducks on the floor except for my Muscovy they roost. And everyone does fine but they have all been doing this since they hatched here. Chickens have learned to stay out of the ducks space and the ducks respect the rooster. keeping drakes together can be tricky because when hormones kick in they can seek out one to use as their hormonal abuse. @thumper650 can help with keeping drakes.

If they all get along then after a while of integrating these new ones they may all live together fine. All but drakes. That won't go well with hens and drakes.
I've never had a problem with drakes messing with my hens, they have always had their own females so I am thinking that is what has worked.

No I was only putting my ducks in with the chickens , all the drakes would be separated

ok here’s a run down :) I currently have twenty five chickens and two adult ducks and two adult drakes ( I wanted all girls this was an accident I’m aware of the bad ratio)
they were all housed together since babies but recently my drakes mated and killed my chickens , so I moved all four adult ducks to another pen

now I have three three week old ducklings , if they are all girls yay , I’ll add them in with my ducks when they are old enough

but if any are drakes this causes a big problem I’m already trying to find solutions for

so I was asking can all drakes live together and I put adult ducks only female in with the chickens?

If your chickens accept the ducks, that is something you’ll have to try for . Introduce through fencing just like your going to have to do when introducing your ducklings to your adult ducks. As For keeping your drakes together I will have to let someone who has just drakes address this @thumper650

Ok when I attempted to vent sex they appear to be females so if I’m lucky and that’s the case , at what age should I introduce them to my other four? And how scary and dangerous is that? When they are ready to be outside I’m putting them in a cage next door to the duck cage that is my current duck house , but they won’t go out in the yard until later when ready

You can introduce anytime it’s warm enough to take them outside. My ducklings we took out at a couple days old around everyone I just stayed right with them and everyone was curious about the ducklings but no one came close. This was in April and we were still having cool temps but the sun made it warm since we’d go out mid day

Back
Top Bottom