LOL!! I'm so screwed!

Ummmmm...yup...that's ducks for ya
lau.gif
Yep.... screwed....
barnie.gif

I feel the phrase, "Ducks are messy" is a colossal understatement. Ducks are messier than pigs. Ducks are messier than the messiest pigs on this planet. No. Wait. Let me rephrase this. Ducks are the PIGS of this planet. Just sayin'. LOL The funny part is, I'm not scared yet. YET!
This is the best statement about ducklings that there ever will be. EVER.
It pretty much wraps up the mess in a sentence!
I love my ducks more than anything but they're so much work as ducklings!
Not to say that I wouldn't do it over again, I would just really have to rethink it and severely prepare myself for that challenge LOL.

This is why I always chuckle to myself when people say they want to add ducks to their chickens. Chickens are fine, pretty easy to care for.

Ducks... well... they're messy. Adding ducks to a chicken routine is just asking for your work load to be quadrupled! I swear I spend 5 minutes cleaning the chicken side, and an hour on the duck side.

I unplugged the incubators, having filled my brooder cleaning quota of the year, and wouldn't you know it.... they went broody. The duck has 4 eggs and the chicken has 2 duck eggs. Didn't want to shock the chicken with a pile of the little monsters to care for. I might be nice and give her some chickens if I find some day-olds.

I don't care for ducks. Some people love ducks, but I am not one of them. LOL! I had ducks. They are the pooping machines of the fowl world. I had never in my life seen such an animal that pooped while it was eating and I was constantly hosing stuff off and cleaning out the teeny tiny water bowl that they somehow yoga style pooped in. It finally grossed me out to the point that I found some really nice people who really like ducks and I happily gave the two I had away. They are positively happy in their new home and I'm not constantly dodging duck bombs. :)

Or get a load of sand and spread sand all over the muddy slick area,,it's what |I did,and we're on clay. The sand is amazing,and when it rains it washes and absorbs all the poo piles! Great stuff!!

also,I must stick up for pigs,,,only because they are the cleanest animal I have ever had! they are cleaner than dogs! like to roll in mud to protect their skin from sunburns,but other than that,you give a pig the choice of a duvet or a pile of straw,they'll take the duvet,,they really are clean creatures,and have no odor. Just had to throw that in there with my experience with my indoor pig :) and they don't like to go near their droppings. :) ok I'm done
smile.png

. It's the babies that cause me the most work, as I brood them in garage, but the shavings make nice mulch for my trees and plants. Since we live in country with cows around , they make and eat their own flies,,,then worms, the worms grow under the water pans, so when I dump them they get treats! I live on the side of a ridge, so I have plenty of rock, I gather them and put in places around pools and next to aviary, it's free so rock patio and walkways! I actually think I just like to play with the hose
celebrate.gif
My main aviary is covered in round rocks, and I get to hose it down , I think I just
wee.gif
playing with the water, very relaxing..... You can't explain this to anybody
thumbsup.gif

True! I can't imagine life without ducks in it! As messy as they are,,God made them super cute so we would put up with their grossness!
lau.gif

I adore mine,and love to sit and watch them swim,waddle ,ect..especially after their place has been cleaned out!

Last edited:
True! I can't imagine life without ducks in it! As messy as they are,,God made them super cute so we would put up with their grossness!
lau.gif

I adore mine,and love to sit and watch them swim,waddle ,ect..especially after their place has been cleaned out!

I agree! I love my ducks!!! They're my favorite pass time<3.

Back
Top Bottom