LOL - My chickens found a snake

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Wildsky, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I was wandering around the yard, when all of a sudden four of my big standard girls, marched out from under the fruit tree (where they lay around all day) and they were all making a quiet BOK BOK noise, I looked at them - thought it was odd and just watched for a second, they all stopped dead in the long grass and looked down - all BOK BOK BOK very quietly - but in an ODD way - they never do that.

So I went over to have a look..... a Bull Snake, about 4-5 feet long, cruising through the grass..... the snake was headed out the yard, so I just watched him to make sure he DID leave. The girls walked off after I took over the watch.
    They didn't try peck at the snake, and the snake just wanted to get out of dodge.

The rooster was NOWHERE to be seen! [​IMG]

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Ain't that just like a man. [​IMG]

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    LOL!

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Jerry saw one once when he was a few months old...he nearly jumped 5 feet! The snake slithered rather quickly...It was a strange bagawk too...

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    LOL, that's funny.
    My chickens are so curious they'll just stand around & watch,doing their BOK-BOKS. Usually Pepe` the roo is wakilng away. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by