Lone chicken

Loobie

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2022
Hello my name is Sue . I have a flock of 4 chickens. Recently I rescued two chickens who were not being fed and 2 of the flock were dead in the run they were in.
Unfortunately after a vet trip, and lots of hot water bottles to heat her up number three died. Now I have a lone chicken who is very skinny. My question is will I be able to eventually introduce her into my flock? Online it says you cannot introduce one chicken to a new flock they will prob bully it

Hi Sue,
Welcome to BYC! My name is Sue too....you can introduce them, after the newbie has recovered and seems healthy, by using a see-no-touch set up. Let them get to know each other thru a fence, and gauge their reactions. it may take several days, even weeks, but they will get used to each other.
Good luck!

Hi Sue,
Welcome to BYC! My name is Sue too....you can introduce them, after the newbie has recovered and seems healthy, by using a see-no-touch set up. Let them get to know each other thru a fence, and gauge their reactions. it may take several days, even weeks, but they will get used to each other.
Good luck!
Thank you , we put her out into a small run we have just for an hour for some fresh air , she just kept staring out , seems really lonely , but definitely needs building up

Welcome to BYC. Make sure you quarantine the remaining chicken for long enough to ensure it is decease free. Who knows what they died from. If one or two chickens drop dead in the run, the remaining could have a feast unless too weak or also sick with something.

Back
Top Bottom