Lone goose

Jun 29, 2018
theres always a lot of geese at this lake and sometimes when it rains they usually go to a field or something but this one was all alone and when I pulled up he started walking up towards my car. Can’t tell if he’s a gosling or not or just a lone goose.

Attachments

• 920CA70F-8654-493C-94AE-3B2AC19B9C76.jpeg
    920CA70F-8654-493C-94AE-3B2AC19B9C76.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 40
  • F93C274B-61B0-4FD3-9BBD-1C12677E3519.jpeg
    F93C274B-61B0-4FD3-9BBD-1C12677E3519.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 13
There's a pond by our local Home Depot. The local flock leaves daily to feed and returns in the evening. Several years ago there was one goose that never left with the flock. I provided her with feed, but she eventually died. Either she was injured or suffering from a chronic illness - it happens. The bird pictured is mature and in apparent good health.

Hmm. Was she making any noises? I had a goose that stayed with my ducks for 5 months until she finally flew away. Can you check on her at differnt times to make sure she wasn’t just chilling or her flock was away for just a little bit

Hmm. Was she making any noises? I had a goose that stayed with my ducks for 5 months until she finally flew away. Can you check on her at differnt times to make sure she wasn’t just chilling or her flock was away for just a little bit

Well I just found out that this goose is really a gosling left behind. I’m pretty sure it’s the same one in the pictures I posted on this post. If it is then this gosling has been left every time these geese leave this lake, for 3 days now. The geese go there during the day and then leave at night. I wonder why a gosling would be left behind? I heard him making gosling sounds for a minute that’s how I know, plus he came walking up and wasn’t scared which really surprised me.

Can it fly? have you seen it fly?

I’m almost 100 percent sure it can fly, because some days we won’t see any there and he sure doesn’t have angel wing and looks healthy to me, it’s just kinda weird that he was left behind and even walked up to me. But all the families were back today.

Back
Top Bottom