Lone pekin

Winnieboo

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I have a one lone pekin.... The only lone survivor of a fox killing spree. I also keep brahmas all of whom were as big as the fox so survived. I now have a bullying issue as my brahmas have now decided they don't approve of my loner. Even though the pekins have been here for years. I've tried separating them and re introducing.....didn't work. This has been going on for months now.
Do I get some more pekins or is there another solution that I'm missing? Marie

Sorry for your losses.
Did it happen while free ranging?
How long ago did this happen?

I've tried separating them and re introducing.....didn't work.
Please explain how and for how long you separated them.
Maybe separate the pekin with one of the brahma, find one that will get along, might take some trail and error.
Is a pekin a bantam chicken?
What kind of coop and run(s) do you have?
Dimensions and pics would help here.

Yes she is a bantam pekin, so a huge size difference. I breed brahmas so my set up is large with two separated ends for chicks and newly arrived chickens. This attaches to free ranging area which is large with trees, bushes etc. They are wire so all chickens can see each other. I separated her for over 2 weeks.

Yes she is a bantam pekin, so a huge size difference. I breed brahmas so my set up is large with two separated ends for chicks and newly arrived chickens. This attaches to free ranging area which is large with trees, bushes etc. They are wire so all chickens can see each other. I separated her for over 2 weeks.
Separating her then reintroducing probably made it worse.
Try adding one of the brahma in there with her....or get some more pekins.

Back
Top Bottom