Lone turkey baby. Will he be ok with chicks?UPDATE HE HAS A BUDDY!Pic!

HE HAS A BUDDY!

SO Friday when we got home from work a buddy hatched for him! SO now I have one REALLY healthy and strong turkey and one kind of scraggly one!

They both seem to be doing well with the chicks and have learned to eat and drink. The little one is pasting up but I've been keeping on eye on it...

030-1.jpg

Captain is the Brown one, and Morgan is the white one.

Congrats on the new little buddy!

My little broad breasted toms who are no longer little at 40 lbs grew up with silkies and still like to kick it with them...
230_giants.jpg

Black head isn't an issue here so I don't worry about it.

I had a lone turkey chick I put in a pen with a tiny roo the same age. They became best of pals -- no problems at all. They used to crack me up because the turkey would stick her head under his puffed up chest feathers at night and would sleep like that all night. They taught each other the ways of birds like dust-bathing etc and chirped loudly for each other if they were ever apart.

Unfortunately at 2 months, little turkey gal got injured (nothing to do with the roo) and died. Little roo has been lonely ever since -- even though I put him with other chickens his age, he can't seem to relate to them. He wants to be with humans now mostly.

Back
Top Bottom