1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lonely chick - help!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by porksill, Sep 26, 2011.

1. porksill

porksill New Egg

Sep 16, 2011
    I had two chicks that hatched from an incubater and after one week, one of them died:( Now my little guy is lonely! I have a friend who has a hen who just hatched out 10 to 12 chicks. They are about a week older than my guy (who is 10 days old now). I was wondering if I could put him in with the hen and her chicks or would they pick on him? OR should I bring one of her chicks home to be with my guy? The mommy hen has a little trouble getting all her babies underneath her these days. Does anybody have any idea which option I should go with?

2. workinnanie

workinnanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Minnesota
    I just purchased a 2 week old silkie baby who was lonely so went back and got a 1 week old to be with her. they became fast friends and are doing well! I have, in the past, tried to get mama bantys to take babys that are not theirs and have not been successful. Good luck to you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by