Lonely loud rooster

Aug 7, 2021
Hi everyone.
Recently I lost 40+ of my hens and was left with only 3 roosters, one died of unknown causes and the other (little red) was killed by a dingo last week. Big Red, my last rooster and my only chook won’t stop crowing. He follows me everywhere, even on horse back he’ll run and flap to keep up. I’m only at my property every weekend or fortnight even so I won’t be able to spend time with him. My family and neighbours want him to go but I love him, he’s an absolute pet, I’ve had him for 2 years, he loves cuddles. Is there a way stop him crowing? I know the obvious is to get him some friends but I’m not allowed. He’s free ranged with a coop that has an automatic door at night. He’s got plenty of food and water. I’m afraid that if he doesn’t stop crowing I’ll have to part with him or wven kill him which I couldn’t bare to do to him. I can’t bring him back to the city with me, it’s illegal to have a rooster in the city. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Hi everyone.
Recently I lost 40+ of my hens and was left with only 3 roosters, one died of unknown causes and the other (little red) was killed by a dingo last week. Big Red, my last rooster and my only chook won’t stop crowing. He follows me everywhere, even on horse back he’ll run and flap to keep up. I’m only at my property every weekend or fortnight even so I won’t be able to spend time with him. My family and neighbours want him to go but I love him, he’s an absolute pet, I’ve had him for 2 years, he loves cuddles. Is there a way stop him crowing? I know the obvious is to get him some friends but I’m not allowed. He’s free ranged with a coop that has an automatic door at night. He’s got plenty of food and water. I’m afraid that if he doesn’t stop crowing I’ll have to part with him or wven kill him which I couldn’t bare to do to him. I can’t bring him back to the city with me, it’s illegal to have a rooster in the city. Any advice is greatly appreciated
I would rehome him to a good and kind home as well, if you absolutely cant get him a few hens to replace the 40+. I couldn’t bare to kill a kind bird for no reason other than he’s already lost all his friends. I dont think even if you were around more that it would be enough or fair to him, as they are community animals. The crowing cant and wont be stopped, he’s lonely and is desperate for stimulation! I hope you find a home for him soon!❤️

I would rehome him to a good and kind home as well, if you absolutely cant get him a few hens to replace the 40+. I couldn’t bare to kill a kind bird for no reason other than he’s already lost all his friends. I dont think even if you were around more that it would be enough or fair to him, as they are community animals. The crowing cant and wont be stopped, he’s lonely and is desperate for stimulation! I hope you find a home for him soon!❤️

Also, sorry I put it in hatching, I thought the area was behaviour and hatching
Nice to know what happened and if you found him a new home with other chickens! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom