Lonely Pekin?

They will be locked in the pen that I have that is connected to the coop with a pop door. It also has a duck house that my hubby built so they have shelter suited to their needs :) they will be locked up at night.
thumbsup.gif
be sure to post pics once you get him settled in, I hope your female likes him I am thinking she will . Might want to intro through fencing first just to make sure feathers don't fly. lol

I don't know how to post a pic on here of the ducks together. They get along fantastically!! No mean behavior or anything, however he is obsessed about chasing my 9-10 week old chicks around? I'm not sure what he's doing because he's certainly not trying to breed them but he is certainly bossing them around. Any suggestions? I am not keeping them in the same coop overnight tonight.

Glad you found a companion! I recently had to rehome my 2 hen ducks and let one of my drakes go with them (they grew up together) to go to a home where a single female duck was grieving too. The owner says they're all doing really good and her duck is enjoying the companionship. I ended up with 5 drakes to my 2 hens, so rehoming them was really important since I couldn't find anyone willing to take a drake, and I would have had to rehome at least 3 of them, and that still would have been barely sustainable for my hens. ::sigh:: now I have a 4 man drake flock, but at least they're my favorite ducks. lol. Hope everyone settles in soon!

Turns out I may finally be getting a few silkies to add to my collection
1f600.png
my husband has asked me how many more birds I want, to which I replied "only a few more" tee hee. We shall see how far that gets me!

Awesome! I told my husband I want some silkies and frizzles added to my chickens.. thinking maybe 5-6 all together, but when we went to the feed store for chicken feed he was asking them about ordering chickens and they have a 20-something count limit during this time of year and my husband looked like it was considering it, lol! I told him we can't though, until the ducks have their own coop area, because we can't have chicks in the house since it sets off my kids and my allergies super bad and the ducks would trample them. I hate being the reasonable one! So we need to do some coop rearranging..

I do not like having to be reasonable when it comes to my chickens and ducks! It stinks a lot and makes me crabby lol. But sometimes we just have to huh?

I don't know how to post a pic on here of the ducks together. They get along fantastically!! No mean behavior or anything, however he is obsessed about chasing my 9-10 week old chicks around? I'm not sure what he's doing because he's certainly not trying to breed them but he is certainly bossing them around. Any suggestions? I am not keeping them in the same coop overnight tonight.
Just showing dominance the big bully, lol my ducks will latch on to a chicken if they are in the Mood so will my geese but my chicks are usually with their mamas so the ducks don't mess with them, hopefully after a few days he'll settle down, maybe squirt him with the hose when he does this to avert attention or just keep them separated.I have a spray bottle full of water that I use to divert attention mainly my geese that like to chew on their houses, Grr. I put it on stream and wham hit them once and they move on.

That is great they have taken to each other so quickly. Yay!!

This is her new buddy and her
smile.png
well I know he's in there somewhere lol hard to see him but looks like a nice place to hang out and so happy for you, you were able to find her a friend. As for silkies and etc seems we can't ever get our quota does it I just sent 2 roos to auction as bad as I hated it but the person who took them for me has Sebrights oh my gosh now I want some of them. Poultry math.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom