Long Beach, CA

I'm not in Long Beach, but close enough.
smile.png
I live in the high desert (near Victorville), work in San Bernardino and go to school in Fullerton. There are actually quite a few of us spread around SoCal including the OC/LA area! Of course you're not crazy!

Yes, there are other chicken people in Long Beach! I raise chickens at a local community garden in Long Beach, and want more freedom to do it at home, but Animal Control has forced us to imprison our 3 backyard chickens in their coop instead of free-ranging in the backyard.

We are petitioning the city of Long Beach, California to relax the city’s chicken laws and goat laws to make it easier for people to raise city chickens and city goats in Long Beach, with fewer restrictions than are currently imposed.
Please visit & sign our pro urban agriculture petition at www.longbeachgrows.org under Help LB Grow. Ask your friends to also.

Donna, Long Beach Grows
We have (at the garden and at home) Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshire Reds, Black Stars, Black Australorps, Barred Rocks, one Phoenix (b/c we gave the roosters away), one Buttercup (ditto), Auracana/Americana easter eggers, a Golden Polish, a Blue Andalusian, and a Milles Fleurs bantam.

Last edited:
We love love love our girls! We own about 16 chickens and they already started laying.

We wake up every morning at 6 am to feed them fresh vegetables and yogurt. We love them! And we are also in Long Beach :)

I live in Long Beach:) I have 5 chickens and am new at owning them. I love them!
I also have had problems with friends that are afraid to bring their children over
because they think they will get salmonella even though their pet dog licks their
faces and pet cat sleeps on the dinner table! lol

I live in Long Beach too and did not know they could not free range. All my neighbors think its awesome that we own them but then again I have my own fenced in yard so they stay in the yard. I will sign the petition and ask my friends to support us too.

Back
Top Bottom