1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Long Island Flock

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CarrieAnnChicks, May 25, 2009.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

Hurray for this thread! I'm in Hampton Bays. Hello Pepper....I'm from Springs! My mom still lives there! Where in Springs are you? This is my first year with chickens. I bought 7 chicks in April from Agway in Riverhead. 1 Light Brahma, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 Plymouth Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island Red, 2 Easter Eggers and 1 Austrolorp. The Plymouth Barred Rock unfortunately died due to my overly playful, naughty kitten. The Partridge Rock is a rooster and is about 11 weeks old. I'm hoping [​IMG] that my beautiful light brahma is a hen, but am not 100%. I can't keep roosters. Would any of you like the PR? Or do you know of someone I could give him to who will take good care of him? His name is Pauly. You can't eat him though, sorry. I would love to replace him with a pullet if anyone has anything interesting in the same age range. By the way, is anyone aware of any laws against chicken keeping in the town of Southampton? What about roosters? Thanks and it's great to converse with other chicken enthusiasts on this beautiful island of ours!

[​IMG]

2. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. lichick28

lichick28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    CarrieAnn: I am in Commack I have silkies & frizzles

4. 4chickps

4chickps New Egg

Jun 10, 2009
    Long Island
    Hello from Ronk.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  5. lichick28

lichick28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    Hi chickps Do you know Roger Rabbit? (Paul)

6. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Hi...I'm in Smithtown. I'm more of a waterfowl person: runners, welsh harlequins, dewlap toulouse geese, sebastopols and a few turkeys, plus I have three jersey giants, one buff orphington and 24 black copper marans. Almost forgot....and button quail.

lichick28 is my "neighbor" by a few miles, especially by backyardchicken standards! LOL.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  7. CarrieAnnChicks

CarrieAnnChicks Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2009
    Long Island
    I just crossed paths with a wonderful chicken person at a garage sale on saturday...she is in greenlawn, so many LIer's with chicks, LOVE IT!

8. cwahlers

cwahlers Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    HI from Mattituck!!!!

9. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    [​IMG]

10. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

this is so cool! I used to live on LI till two years ago when we moved upstate!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by