Long Island Flock

Hi I am in the Islip area, Long Island, and want to pick up some hens....Anyone know where I can go. We want some good layers.....Hope the termonogly is correct. I am new at this. Thanks

Hi Chubmom, I just recently found out that Prianti sells chicks and grown chickens. I know there's a Prianti on Jericho in the Dix Hills area, so you might want to call them first.

My little flock needs a home
hit.gif

Help... I live on Long Island way out on the North Fork and I am moving to Australia. I am desperately looking for someone to adopt my small 5 hen flock of random mixed adorable about to lay. I just cant seem to find anyone. I was hoping for someone who will just have these girls and who will love them like we do and that they would not have to be integrated in to a larger flock. They are our pets really.
We have a Buff Cochin, Black Sexlink, Leghorn, Araucana, Bantam Speckled Cochin (teensy and super cute).
If anyone has a friend who wants to become a chicken owner please tell them about our girls. We don't even want any money unless they want to coop too which I would be happy to make a screaming deal on if I know they will go to a good home.
Thanks for reading

This looks like an old thread....but I'll give it a shot.
I'm new to BYC and I live in Islip.
Its good to see fellow Long Islanders on here. I'm just abt to start my flock in the spring with 9 different types of chickens. (I would like some Muscoky Ducks also but I'm having trouble finding some places that will just ship 2)
I have a 5x8' fiberglass chicken coop I purchased from Eggstreme Coops that is really awesome.
Hopefully I can lean on some of you to answer the questions that I know I will have at some point.
Thanks guys!!!!

hi!
i was wondering if you could give me chicken advice!
I am a single mom with four kids who wants chickens as pets, for eggs and to teach my kids about responsibility/caring for others/thinking about their food/health, etc... I'm reading and learning all that I can, but I'm not sure which type of chicken to get. I want something that is hardy enough to survive NY winters (I will - of course- provide proper heat/shelter, etc), a bird that produces not too many/not too few eggs, a bird that is sturdy enough to be handled (gently) by my kids (my youngest is 5, my oldest is 11) and one that isn't too noisy (I only have a 1/4 acre of land- my town says if I have less than 6 birds, I'm okay!).
What do you recommend?
THANK YOU!!! :)

PS: and do you have any coop tips? I worry about snow for them!

Just wondering if you found your chickens. I have a small flock of 6. 5 assorted hens and one Rhode Island Red Rooster. I need to thin my flock due to space constraints. My birds will start laying in about a month and they have all been handled since they were hatchlings.

Holly Chicken, I Lov This site !!!
Hello All. I'm new to the site and I'm glad to be here.
Anybody from West Babylon?im sort of confused if I'm allowed to raise backyard chicken in west Babylon. If anyone out there would help clear that for me, I greatly appreciate.
Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom