Long Islanders.... I know you are out there

Pics
I have a padlock on my coop. I live in the woods, but you never know! That must have been terrifying for those boys and the owners too!

Sent from tapatalk in a Galaxy far far away

Hi there everyone... I'm new to this whole posting thing so forgive me if I don't do so well.

I am from Nesconset NY thanks for having me :)

I was wondering if it is strange that at 4pm today all of my hens seemed to be settled in for the night? I thought it was a bit early. I dewormed them for the first time yesterday as well as treated for mites could that be why they are acting a bit odd?

Thank for any thoughts you might have.

Terri

Hi Terriperri,

My own hens also go into the coop early now too. They are all molting and I know that makes them more tired than usual.

What kind of wormer did you use? I used panacur for my hens one time and they were completely sleepy from it.

Watch their pattern for a few days, I bet they are choosing to go in early because of the waning light.

Thank you do much for getting back to me. I thought that might be however this is my first cold season with my girls and what to be sure I am doing everything right

I'd go inside early because it's *cold*! About 10 minutes before the rain changed over to snow, mine all hid under my car - guess they figured they'd be dry and out of the wind.

Hey all, Medford Long Island here. Had chickens for quite sometime. Sell the eggs and also chickens and chicks. There are lots of people on Long Island with chickens. I guess not many of them find their way to this site.

Hello all, I live in selden and just got my first 2 chickens, 2 barred rocks. I am getting into urban farming and homesteading and am looking for some local groups to join. Are there any groups or meet-ups here on LI to join for homesteading, urban farming or permaculture? I see lots of meet-ups in NYC and manhattan but nothing here on LI...... tom
Hey Tom, I am definitely very into the homesteading/urban farming idea myself. What size of property do you live on?

Hey all, Medford Long Island here. Had chickens for quite sometime. Sell the eggs and also chickens and chicks. There are lots of people on Long Island with chickens. I guess not many of them find their way to this site.

Welcome!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom