Long odd egg

MMerriman3

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2023
Anyone ever get a super long egg with a bit of an indention? I can usually tell which egg comes from which chicken (I only have 2 layers right now. I have bad luck getting roos among sexed chicks) I want to say by the color and small white marks it's my buff that I just broke out of being broody. Can this happen with a hen that comes out of being broody?
Keep in mind with the picture my hands are the size of an 11 year old 😂

Attachments

• 20231004_145546.jpg
    20231004_145546.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 31
I would bet it’s a double yolker, and I would also think that as a hen starts to lay again after being broody that it is possible for her equipment to be a little “off”, kind of like sometimes you see weird eggs when they first begin laying, (however I haven’t noticed this first hand, it just makes sense in my head this could happen.)

I would bet it’s a double yolker, and I would also think that as a hen starts to lay again after being broody that it is possible for her equipment to be a little “off”, kind of like sometimes you see weird eggs when they first begin laying, (however I haven’t noticed this first hand, it just makes sense in my head this could happen.)
I forgot to mention she's been laying for about a month now. So she's still new. I was shocked to see her broody so young. So it makes sense then. Broody and young = odd egg possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom