long sad cat story...help!!!!

My daughter says she doesn't seem to care much about catnip, although she has only tried dried, not fresh.
The big pet stores, Petco, Pet Smart, have different brands. I used plain old whatever catnip and my cats used it. I bought one called Cleo's something or other, sorry, and they went APE!!! See if she can find one of the 'designer' brands. Midge may have very decerning tastes and expectations, lol. It's not that bad a price either. It was under $5 if I remember correctly and it lasts forever.

I'll look around for her for Christmas. :) If she doesn't like it, our other cats will but she definitely has some weird problems. The other night she was just exploring at our house, and got up in my daughter's lap. All of a sudden she winced and yowled like she was in pain, but didn't look at her side, or whatever hurt, like you would expect. It was very strange.

I'll look around for her for Christmas. :) If she doesn't like it, our other cats will but she definitely has some weird problems. The other night she was just exploring at our house, and got up in my daughter's lap. All of a sudden she winced and yowled like she was in pain, but didn't look at her side, or whatever hurt, like you would expect. It was very strange.
I've got to ask, was she ever checked for epilepsy? I knew someone who had a dog with it and that sounds like what she would do sometimes. I know cats can get it but I don't believe they can have any of the meds that are out there to control it. Might be wrong about that, that was then and this is now. Either way, it's neurological and she probably is in pain for that moment. Like neuralgia in people, animals can have it as well. My advice? Enjoy that kitty as long as you can and love her to pieces. What else is there? She's obviously happy and knows she is loved in spite of her quirks. It's so hard because they can't tell us what's wrong. Just go by your gut feelings and do the best you can. Midge wouldn't expect anything else, truely.

Thank you!
thumbsup.gif
Idk if she's been checked for epiliepsy, but be assured she IS loved to pieces, haha. My daughter is obsessed with that cat, and my husband takes up the slack when she's here at home. We're hoping she gets over it this time.

We have 8. All rescues. All come in the house. First thing I do is have them spayed or neutered. Keep us posted on how your kitty is doing.

Yesterday my husband came home and found our 11 yr old Maine Coon dead. He thought the dogs got him because his fur was wet but he was white and had no blood or punctures on him. He was always skittish but 2 of our dogs are herding dogs. We just lost his brother last year to cancer. So, it's a sad day at our house.

Yesterday my husband came home and found our 11 yr old Maine Coon dead. He thought the dogs got him because his fur was wet but he was white and had no blood or punctures on him. He was always skittish but 2 of our dogs are herding dogs. We just lost his brother last year to cancer. So, it's a sad day at our house.
Oh, I am so very sorry!

Back
Top Bottom