Long story of my quail being lost in the mail

Green Bean Quail

Songster
Nov 13, 2019
I FINALLY got my new females but my god I am in debt to Myshire farms. Do not know if they’d be alive if they hadn’t stocked the box like they did. the post office messed up big time.
okay so:
I got to the post office at the scheduled pick up, the birds were not there.
I paid for express priority (guarantee one day shipping) and was told the mail LOST the birds. Said they had no idea where they went since Ohio. I had to wait another day to possibly get them, so the clock was ticking! if they even arrived!
I got a call at 12:32 am that the birds had arrived on a shipment bus, but I couldn’t get them until 8:30 am
I picked up the birds, scrambled to the car, and SPED the whole way to their new hutch. At this point it had been over 24 hours without fresh food or water, besides what Myshire has provided. I OWE THEM. They saved their lives.
They progressively stopped chirping and stopped moving the longer we were driving and by the time I got them into the room and opened the box they were all unconscious/really lethargic and limp so I mixed some electrolyte water and watered them with a syringe by cradling them and giving little drops one at a time. They all drank a LOT, perked up in 10ish min and now all okay, rolling in shavings and napping. Eating a lot too. I’m keeping them on electrolytes for a while longer.
I am exhausted. I love myshire, but I have the WORST luck at ordering animals.

That's awesome. Will keep that hatchery in mind if ever I have to order chicks. Hoping my two new cockerels solves that need for me eventually, well this year. :)
Hopefully! 😉 if you do need chicks, I highly recommend them. A wide variety plus they guaranteed them to be live and healthy on arrival and will replace dead birds!

MyShire has really good customer service. I had a shipment of eggs that got drop-kicked at the post office. 3 eggs were obviously broken, and 4 or 5 more had cracks that I found when candling. I ended up hatching 10 or 11 out of 30 eggs, and he replaced the whole shipment. Zack is willing to create custom orders and I've had great experiences with him.

Edit: I've also had really good hatch rates from the shipped eggs. Normally I've heard that you should expect about a 50% hatch rate, and my last couple have been 75-80%.

Back
Top Bottom