Long time listener, first time caller - From SW Missouri

Springthing

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
SW Missouri
HI there, from Branson, Missouri!

I've been coming to this site for a few months, trying to get information and gain a little knowledge about the chickens and ducks we have and it's finally time to just register and become a member. I have a bunch of questions and hopefully will do right in these forums and not be too much of a hassle.

A quick run down of what we have and why:

Chickens:
Easter egger,
Wyandottes (silver laced?),
Barred Rocks (same as Plymouth?),
and two which I haven't identified.

Ducks:
Blue Swedish (99% sure),
Ancona (Again..pretty sure),
and Pekin

I'm sure I'll get all this straightened out as soon as I can post photos, we'll see how it all works out.

I'm a relocated Canadian. Moved to the US in 1998 to marry my wonderful wife. We got involved in chickens....well, we got involved in ducks first, just for fun. We had gotten a few mallards, I guess, some years ago just to have around the house (outside..duh!) but we didn't consider them pets, really, just residents.

This past Easter we finally succumbed to the pressures of Chick Days and bought a box of chickens and ducks. We lost a few along the way (varmints!), got a few replaced by friends hatching chickens and ducks for their kids' education, blah blah blah. So now we are down to 9 chickens, 5 ducks.

There's a bunch more information but I think this intro is long enough as it is!

Looking forward to learning about our critters!

ST

welcome-byc.gif

The more you post, the sooner you can upload pics!

Back
Top Bottom