Long time lurker, finally joined!

Picture_20200725_171133312.jpg

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Not new to chickens, I had a small flock 11 years ago and then when I moved back to the countryside almost 4 years ago we got another small flock going.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6. 2 gold sex links, 2 black sex links, 2 Americaunas.

(3) What breeds do you have? see above.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Free eggs...haha totally kidding. Most expensive eggs in town. I love chickens, their personalities, and how they are pets with a perk (eggs).

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love exploring the outdoors so fishing, hiking, camping. I've recently gotten into making my own mead. I also love to bake!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Believe it or not, I work for NASA (aeronautics, not space) and my team thinks I'm crazy but loved getting updates on the new coops construction and hearing stories of me chasing away raccoons wearing slippers and wielding a hiking stick. I have 4 kiddos, ranging from age 3 to age 18. My 16 year old built half the coop himself! As for other pets we presently have a cat and 4 rats...for now (more pets to come!)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Found it via Google years and years ago. Always lurked and never joined. Even got my coop plan idea from the coops section! Just finished our new coop (used to have a pre-fab from TSC) and figured it was time to finally join.
Love the coop, could live in that myself 😀

Back
Top Bottom