Long time member that was gone for a long time!

GAChicken Chick

Songster
7 Years
Dec 30, 2012
Toccoa, GA
3So I had joined a long time ago (2014 maybe?) but life happened and I got out of poultry entirely. Now I'm back in, and I mainly came here to try to track down some old friends.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got into chickens with I was 6-7. Mom had bought some chicks to become our egg layers. But little did she know how my personality would react. I latched onto those babies and have been nuts about chickens ever since (I'm now 28!).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
5 Adults and 6 juveniles

(3) What breeds do you have?
3 standard white leghorns, 4 millie fleur d'Uccles, 1 d'Uccle x OEGB, 2 frizzled bantam cochins, and 1 silver laced polish

Years ago I bred GL wyandottes, gold laced and buff laced brahmas, and 100% English Jubilee Orpingtons.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I adore their personalities! Plus there's so many benefits!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I do bonsai and play videogames on my ps4. My bf and I play DnD with friends.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Its just my boyfriend and I. We don't want kids, instead we have the chickens, dog, betta, leopard gecko, and dumpy tree frog. I work for GA DNR Wildlife Resources Division.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I joined years ago but stopped coming in because I got out of the poultry game.

smiley welcome back.gif

Hope you find the folks you're looking for!

Back
Top Bottom