Longtime Lurker Finally Joined

Hello and welcome to BYC!
mail

We're so glad to have you here with us!
mail

Thank you for joining our wonderful community of fellow poultry enthusiasts!
mail

mail

Welcome to the group. I'd like to ask exactly what evidence you have that showed that decade-old post was full of bad information, and that you requested the thread be deleted? I'd love to have sources as I too have been looking into it and I have found none that absolutely said do not feed chickens dried peanuts. Many people have said that they have feed dry peanuts to their flock with no problems. Just not raw, green peanuts, nor their shells.
The reason I was looking is that my daughter, who is in FFA, is doing a project testing if peanuts will increase the size of the eggs laid. https://www.sciencebuddies.org/scie...p020/zoology/chicken-diet-egg-size#background This is the website where we uncovered the project. There was a 2004 California State Science Fair project titled, "Do Peanuts Make Chickens Lay Bigger Eggs?", that you can also Google.
I do not claim to be an expert in poultry as we are learning with my daughter's FFA SAE project of raising poultry to sell eggs. I am simply asking questions to better educate myself and her with sound facts and information backed up by reliable sources.

Back
Top Bottom