Look at my birthday present!

Citychick

Songster
12 Years
Jan 31, 2007
I wanted geese for my birthday. Yeah. I know it's not diamonds but you can cuddle these. And when they get bigger they will eat my weeds! Well any way I went to get chick feed promising myself I would walk right past the ducks and chicks....... And look down and this is what I saw!
100_0824.jpg
So I told my DH he was NOT thrilled. But home I came with three little babies because that's all He said I could bring home {there were four and I felt terrible walking away from that last one it was crying for his siblings}. Apparently someone didn't pick up their order. Because that store never gets goslings in. Anyway I get home and get them settled in and about 3 hours later my brother and sister in law walk up the sidewalk with a small chirping box!
100_0828.jpg
And then there were four! I really hope its three females and one male! Any way they are white chinese and any advice would be great!

Happy Birthday!

Aww! I just finished 2 hatches of geese.

I have my babies on chick starter right now. It must be non-medicated chick feed. Chick feeders do not work well for them as they scoop their feed to eat.

They need water deep enough to clear their nostrils. In about a week they will want to walk and splash in shallow water. Watch them because they can drown easily while young.

They are herbivores and will love to eat grass. They will graze and keep your grass mowed as they grow up. LOL They do not eat bugs and things.

Good luck with your new babies!

Thanks for the B-day wishes! My present is a LITTLE early I don't actually turn the dreaded 30 untill thie 6th of May but I love getting presents early don't you!? Besides I doubt they would have held on to them for me untill it was officially my birthday.
hmm.png
The babies are so talkative they just love it when you stick your head over the brooder and say HI! I know geese can get kind of nasty but hopefully with 4 kids and my daycare they will be very well socialized!

Back
Top Bottom