Look at my Mini Coop

Quote:
Sorry , but I really do think alot of people get mixed up with the terms COOP and RUN. A coop is a closed in HEN HOUSE with doors , windows , and ventilation . Nesting boxes and roosting areas for them to lay and sleep in.

A RUN is a closed in area outdoors ( the ground , grassy area ) that is totally predator protected and closed and sealed with
chicken wire , ETC.

WHY not just put them inside the big coop and run , WHY keep them in this COOP/CAGE for only a week and then transfer them ?

Last edited:
Thanks. I was just saying that there will be a small area for them to get outside and play in the grass.
They should be in separated for a week to get to know you and that way I can nurse them back to health before I introduce them to my chickens.See, my chickens are already in the bigger coop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is wonderful that you are rescuing these hens!
smile.png

Anything has to be better than what they are coming from and it sounds like you are going to take great care of them. You're an angel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you're doing fine. I've seen more than one photo on this forum of a bird being quarantined in a small dog carrier. What you have there looks perfectly respectable. I think it's great that you're saving those poor girls. It says a lot about you and the man you're becoming. I also find it worth mentioning that you've taken criticism here with more grace than many. Good luck and keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom