Look at my score from yesterday!

Quote:
Ummm..The one is a male mallard and the other is a domestic bibbed mallard.
Trust me, lol, they both fly.

All three are rescues, and my buff is actually half the size or 2/3 of the mallards , she is a petite little thing.

I once owned a blue swedish drake, he was so gorgeous, but I lost his last January

I'm still new to ducks, but you can always check out the feathersite.com website. They have a section devoted to duck breeds and photos.

She's beautiful though!

Quote:
BTW, I'm a girl! Tee hee!

Emily in NC

Thanks! I'll try to get more photos of the little girl tomorrow, I should be home all day so I'll get to play with her a little more.

Here are a few more pictures of the grand-chicks!

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Dont mean to budge into your cuteness factor, but thought id post more pics of my lil mama, She gave me a gorgeous duckling, the feathers are grey with brown trimming, ill post pics of it when i get up the courage to spend more than a few minutes out in this weather.
b5rxus.jpg

2exrd37.jpg

fnagsz.jpg

Im definatly going to take a look into that site ( im home sick today) so ill have plenty of time to look around
smile.png
thanks!

Also, mind posting more pics of your lil girl, the pattern of her feathers in very unique ( to me anyway)

I'll try to get out there with my camera today. I'm home from work too (they don't have enough hours for me). Here in central/southern NC it is currently 34 degrees. I know, to many people on this list, this temp is warm, but for here, it's too early for these temps! We aren't supposed to be getting below 45 at night right now. I'm not looking forward to this winter. As long as we don't loose power, we'll be good. I've got seven chicks and an incubator running, not to mention sugar gliders and my reptiles that need to stay decently warm!

Thanks for posting pics of your little girl! I'm hoping to get a drake call duck so this one can have babies again. Her previous owner said that the little duck seemed to really enjoy having the babies and that she was a great mom.

Emily in NC

Awww, my road runner is only about 11 months old. during her first clutch she had 18 eggs, and i guess with having the goats and then the weather, it just wasnt in out favor. Only one duckling hatched from that clutch and she/he sure is a beauty! Has some very unique feather coloring.

As mine are all rescues, and i dont buy from stores or other breeders since there are so few around here, My mallard drake does the siring. My lil mama is currently sitting on 15 eggs, so she must enjoy it too, lol

I raised my two mallards, and I'm looking forward to having ducklings again. My fiance made the mistake of saying he would rather have ducks than chickens, so it looks like we'll be getting more (or just keeping what we can hatch!). I lucked up with my two mallards, I ended up with a pair, and I got them when they were a day old at our local TSC. Here is a picture of the two bigger (hopefully both mallard) ducks:

Ducklings:
IMG_1332.jpg

A few months ago:
IMG_1558.jpg

Yesterday:
IMG_1807.jpg

miadservant your male mallard doest have a brown chest like other mallards i have seen ! Hmmm i wander why ?

Goat walker i have never heard of a "domestic Bibbed mallard " before . WHere did you get it from ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom