look at these silkies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gapeachy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    my friend gave me these silkies....I really dont know anything about them...how old male or female......she corked them and said the dark ones were males and the light one was female....I guess when they start to lay I will know......I dont know anything about silkies...I think they are so cute though...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Congratulations on you newbies!! Silkies are a fun breed that I enjoy. There is alot to learn about silkies, they are so unlike other breeds. Have fun with yours and thanks for sharing your pictures with us!!

3. gapeachy

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    on the first picture they are in a pen with 2 baby barred chicks...the silkies are not barred....and the second picture are my sons ginger red bantams.....I need to seperate them all....when the weather clears up

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I think you have a partridge, a gray, and is that a black in the 3rd picture?

If you can get individual pictures of them, I could probably help you out on sexing them. [​IMG]

5. gapeachy

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    it is not really solid black.....how old do you think they are?.....I will get closer pictures tommorow when it is light

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by