Look at this paw print...

kjames603

Chirping
Feb 24, 2017
I think it's a mink that was in there! There's no way a raccoon could have gotten in the run. There's just not enough space. No chickens were killed because they were locked up tight, but a mink or weasel definitely murdered all of my other chickens a couple months ago. Should I buy a trap or is it easy to build your own?
IMG_4037.JPG.jpeg

Something for scale would help more, but that looks minky to me. They'll go in a box trap. If you are not an experienced trapper that is what I would suggest. If you can get your hands on some minnows from a bait shop or maybe catfish from the grocery store that they are going to throw out, put that in a baby food sized jar with a lid on it and leave it in the sun for a couple days. Then take the lid off and place it at the back of the trap and throw some grass over it so they have to work a little to get into it.

But what I really recommend is you figure out where it is coming in and patch that hole. This isn't the only mink left in town and if one got in, more can get in.

Back
Top Bottom