Look at what the cat dragged in...new pix on pgs 4, 5, 6

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dixiechick, Feb 25, 2009.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

On our dash out the door to last night's soccer game, the kids were alarmed at what our orange tabby (Ferris) had at the front door.....and NO TEETH marks, either!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    OMG a baby squirrel i have always wanted one!!!! . Are you going to bottle feed it or give it to a wild life rehilbilitator ??

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Call a wildlife rehab ASAP

4. dixiechick

nope, in our area..they train YOU to be the rehabber. Ferris is very good at finding them and bringing them to us (without injury). This is his 4th baby in his 2 years with us. We're old pros at baby raising.

Our local vet supplied us with Esbilac and a syringe...He's eating, peeing, and pooping....all the things that make a new mama smile! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok that is darned cute [​IMG]

6. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

You should not keep anything wild, they can have some amazing teeth when fearful and most people do not know what to feed for proper nutrition!
    I have known many native folks that had done this type of thing, but often its not the best turn out.
    He is awfully cunnin!!! :0)

7. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I know some one that found one and rasied it and then released it .

I seen on Animal Planet once i think it was in florida and there was a terrible storm and people were finding like tons and tons of baby squirrels and the vets were teaching people how to rehilbilitate at home and they would take some back to the vets and let the people keep some to rasie too and then release

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    OH MY!!!!! He is so adorable!!!!! That would be so fun!!! Makes me almost (ALMOST) miss when I was bottle feeding my opossums. [​IMG] They are big, huge, grown fatties now, though!!! And sweet as a kitty cat. [​IMG] Enjoy him, he is beautiful!!!

9. dixiechick

no no. I agree. This is NOT a pet. We raise 'em and release 'em. The goal to all success is to have the plan...that way the kids don't fall in love and understand setting it free is our celebration of a job well done. [​IMG]

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I had to feed a robin last year, it is a amazing thing for kids to see.
    I gave the bird to the local rehab later since it had a bad wing. Wonder what i find this year in my yard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by