LOOK at what we get to Babysit!!! **Reptile Warning**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Wooden_Pony, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

For ten days we get to bbsit these four month old cutie pie Bearded Dragons!!

Our payment for this... pick of the clutch! We have get to keep two of them!!! [​IMG]

We have been wanting one for sometime now and I was lucky enough to find this AWESOME breeder locally who has been helping us for the last couple of months with set ups and all kinds of info for our newest family members.

Just thought I would share because I know some of you have Beardies!!

PS. That is Bryce my youngest he has always wanted one [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    They are pretty darn cute. I love little lizards. My cats would too though:/ The little guy in the pic looks like he's having fun:p

3. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Well Well, a veritable plethora of reptiles! Enjoy, better you than me. [​IMG]

4. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Oh they are cute!

5. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Oh, they are very cute!!! [​IMG]

They remind me of the blue bellies we have around our place. I get so mad when my cats catch and kill them, but what can you do? That's nature.

6. Wooden_Pony

Quote:They will get ALOT bigger then our local Blue Bellies. Once fully grown they are 19-23 inches and weigh in at about 3/4 of a pound! They are very impressive fully grown. [​IMG]

7. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    They are so cool. That's great that the breeder is helping you set up properly for them. We used to raise plated lizards and it's a lot more involved then tossing them mealworms and crickets then a lot people think when they pick one out at the pet store.
    Bryce looks pretty pleased to be pet sitting. [​IMG]

8. Wooden_Pony

Quote:Oh yes Angie!! Bryce is SO HAPPY to have them here! As soon as he comes home from school he is wanting to hold them. I think if we let him he would "Wear Them" all day long!

As for the breeder. I am thrilled I found her she has been so helpful! We have talked with a few other "breeders" and I use that term loosly and I did not want to buy from them because they only feed crickets and meal worms to thier Beardies. This lady feeds them a balanced diet from day one like you are suppost too.

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    They are so beautiful! I have a bearded dragon! I used to breed them. Now I just have one, and 5 corn snakes!

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Last Pic: DRAGON PILE

LOL - very cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by