Look What I did Yestreday!!

kyliesmommax5

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
OK I got the chicken disease! lol I went to the feed store yesterday to get more feed for my 20 2wk old chicks. And I came out with 3 Frizzle Cochin Bantams and 3 Black Sex link pullets! Heres one of the frizzles. 2 out of the 3 have already curling feathers on their wings but the other one doesnt have the curling yet. Could that mean its a roo?
28408_lil_frizzle.jpg

And here is one of the sex links:
28408_black_sexlink.jpg

and heres the group of new babies!
28408_frizzles_and_sexlinks.jpg

So now I have 5 RIR pullets and 15 BO straight run and 3 sex links and 3 frizzle Cochin bantams!! And I am getting a farmyard special in june!!!

If two have already started curling there feathers and the last one hasn't it will most likely be a cochin. What happens is you mate a cochin{smooth feather} to a frizzle and what you end up with is about 50% frizzles. I have cochin frizzles but have yet to hatch any. Mine are just stating to lay.

What you don't want to do is to mate a frizzle with a frizzle because they come out to be a frazzle. There feathers will not be as full.

Congrats on your new babies, they have the most gentle personalities.

Hopefully the smooth will be a roo and the frizzles will be hens and you will be in business.
jumpy.gif

Sara

Back
Top Bottom