Look what I found in my coop tonight!!!!

It's times like that when I'm very thankful for sharp tools and hot lead. I can understand about being humane but if all I have in my hand at the time is a pitchfork then I'm gonna poke first and ask questions later. I've heard the argument that the predators are only going off of their instincts but if their instincts can tell them to stay out of MY house then they should also start telling them to stay outta MY chicken coop.

yuckyuck.gif

Holy Moly Mama! After I screamed a few nasty curse words, I guess I would mostly be scared for my chickens. This reminds me why I love my dogs. I'm not sure what I would do. Probably catch him by the tail and put him in the dog crate until Dad gets home from work to do whatever it is he does to it. I would want it gone but I wouldn't want to know how it got gone. I'm pushing 40 yrs old and still call my Daddy for such things. Good thing he's just a couple miles away. Some are saying that the critter is solitary but I promise there are others. If there's not, there's gonna be.

I have found the possums to be easy to handle compared to the coons and squirrels. If the possum got in I would be more worried about coons getting in.

Is the possum in the garbage now? I would check the pouch for babies. I know they would probably be to small to rehab,but you could kill them too so they don't suffer. I let mommas and babies go.Sucker for them.Look at this wee one....

Glad to read there was no loss other than the eggs.

I know how she got in. Through the pop door. I don't get home from work until about 6pm and this time of year it is already really dark.

I have thought about one of those automatic pop door closers, but they are so expensive and typically my ducks are lollygaggers.

The ducks are always the last ones in, but they goof around outside and some nights I have to heard them in so I can close up the coop.

Funny notes about the ducks, they are also a great alarm. If anything, including me, comes around the coop at night they start quacking their heads off.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom