Look what I got for $35.00. NOW WHAT

I was able to convert a rabbit hutch also. But mine wasn't tall like yours. It has a divider in the middle with a little door to access both sides and on each end is an enclosed hutch that my chooks go into to lay eggs now.
hmm.png
to heck with nest boxes. Like you, I need to be able to close it off in the winter time. I can string a light in there for warmth. I'm going to watch your progress.
You will post the progress as you go along, wont you ginbart?

silkies arenot much on roosting the one i had would set on bricks or 4x4 on the ground how are the birds to get from the ground to the pen

Chicks & Turks :

14 silkies need 28 sq feet. (2 sq foot per bantam) That isn't counting how many feet are taken away from nest boxes and feeders.

That is assuming that they only sleep there. If confined for any length of time they need at least 7 sq ft per bird.​

I think that you should have your uncle to keep looking. I seriously doubt that you will ever be satisfied with what he found for you. Have you considered using the building that it's leaning against; that would be easily converted to a nice chicken coop for silkies.

Quote:
It's funny you should say that. I did use that building for my first birds. That building has two separate sides. My DH uses the one side for the lawn mover and my DS said it wanted it back for his outside toys so I said he could have it.

Quote:
It's funny you should say that. I did use that building for my first birds. That building has two separate sides. My DH uses the one side for the lawn mover and my DS said it wanted it back for his outside toys so I said he could have it.

Let your DS keep his outside toys in the rabbit hutch. Put some plastic actross the front to keep rain out.

Henry'schickens :

I was able to convert a rabbit hutch also. But mine wasn't tall like yours. It has a divider in the middle with a little door to access both sides and on each end is an enclosed hutch that my chooks go into to lay eggs now.
hmm.png
to heck with nest boxes. Like you, I need to be able to close it off in the winter time. I can string a light in there for warmth. I'm going to watch your progress.
You will post the progress as you go along, wont you ginbart?

Yes I will. I may be doing this by myself DH is not to good and anything with wood and I think I will try and make it bigger. How I don't know yet. They will only be using this for sleeping because I want to make a something for them so they can get out in the grass.​

Back
Top Bottom