Look What I Got, Look What I Got!

you're so lucky!!!!! wish I could have goats!!!! hey wait, maybe I can...
ya.gif

I had two skittish 3 month old kids and it took about a month for them to get warmed up to me. I went out there every single day and just sat on a hay bale and read for 30-45 min. I did not look at them, and made no moves to pet them if they got near me for about 2 weeks. I would keep a bucket of treats in between feet so they were forced to come to me if they wanted it. Slowly, I would put a hand on them when they were eating out of the bucket. It took a while but now they love to have their heads scratched and will come running anytime you call them.

Thanks guys! Debi, abner was so close to being named Ernie!

Kaitie, are they afraid of other people? I really want my goats to love everyone
hmm.png

Darby is back there screaming at the top of her lungs. She is not weened
sad.png

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Aww!
love.gif
They are adorable! Congratulations! How old are they?

They are about five months old
big_smile.png
the chickens have had the predator alert on since they got here, lol​

Quote:
They love everyone. Once they started to take treats from my hands I would bring people out with me and have them stand there while I fed them. Then later they would give them treats. Now when we have parties, there is a line of people waiting to get to the "petting zoo". They get a handful or corn and the goats go nuts. Just like dogs, they need to be exposed to as much as possible to make them good pets.

Back
Top Bottom