look what my chickens did to my leaf pile

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by okto, Nov 27, 2007.

1. okto

okto Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2007
    los angeles
    i tried to explain to my wife that i really did do the work

[​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    LOL - so cute - I love the noises!

3. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    That is cute. I have been throwing leaves in my run lately. I just dump them in a pile and they do a good job of spreading them. Leaves keep them busy all day.

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I intentionally pile up my leaves, JUST for my birds.....otherwise I wait until spring to compost them.......they love it....good luck convincing the wife, although you do have a video to prove who undid your work [​IMG]

5. okto

okto Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2007
    los angeles
    Quote:i've been moving that particular leaf pile around the yard for about a week now.

the ladies couldn't be happier

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

They are cute girls! I love fat chickens. [​IMG] The one has a lot to say, too!

7. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I see you have nice chickens. Mine purposely seek me out when the rake is in my hand to wreak havoc upon my hard labor. I don't mind them doing it when I toss it in the pen for them, but when I'm sincerely trying to do good for their area, they seem bent on sabotaging my work! I turn my back for two seconds, and they're already in it, scattering them all back out. Turkeys are even worse. My poor cats never get to enjoy them anymore. [​IMG]

8. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Poor DH keeps raking leaves into the treeline, and the peeps scratch them back out into the yard! So fun to watch!! But I notice that with all the turning the leaves are breaking down REALLY fast. I'll have nice compost pretty soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by