Look what my chicks learned to do! {pic}

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by New Kid In the Coop, Aug 30, 2008.

1. New Kid In the Coop

New Kid In the Coop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2008
    SW Washington
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went outside and saw them dust bathing for the first time! (I know I'm corny but I thought it was cute!) They were all trying to pile in the same little hole. It was like a little chicken mosh pit! too funny! Anyway, I know you all have seen it a million times but I thought I'd share anyway!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Even a million times later, it's still cute to watch! How adorable! [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] that is very cute. Thanks for posting the pic.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaaaawwww how precious...they are growing up.

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I agree, you just can't see enough pictures of cute chickens doing their thing.

6. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    I love the way it takes them no time to make a hole in the ground. And then fight over it like there is no where else to make a new hole for themselves.

7. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    I'm new to having chickens... my first are just about 6 weeks old right now. I was outside with them the other day and you'd have thought I was in the "mosh pit" with them... I was covered with dust and dirt from them tossing it up [​IMG].

I hope I never tire of watching their antics!

8. BawkinOnTheBench

BawkinOnTheBench Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    UT
    Mine too! Today was their first day outside - they are 12 days old - they barely came out of the box before the dirt was flying thick and fast. This is Rhody (RIR) and Star (Red Star).

[​IMG]

9. New Kid In the Coop

New Kid In the Coop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2008
    SW Washington
    I never knew chickens were so darn funny! I have never really even been around chickens before I got these ones a few weeks ago. I was actually a little leary about getting chickens but my husband wanted them. I told him if he wants them thats fine but I am NOT going to be the one taking care of them and cleaning up after them! Well.....here I am taking pictures and posting them on a website! go figure! They are funny little creatures aren't they?

10. cheraboo

cheraboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    They really are a hoot! I told DH last night as we were watching them that it was even better than tv [​IMG] A nice night and a lot of comedy ... especially the kids trying to catch a chicken to put him back in the pen. Who knew those chickens could run so fast [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by