Look where she likes to sleep

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cindy99, Oct 16, 2010.

1. cindy99

cindy99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    [​IMG]

That is Gracie (the eye pecker) up on that shelf. That silly girl is always getting into stuff. So glad that I screwed that shelf to the wall! [​IMG] I did explain to her that she should not get comfortable up there as she won't fit there for much longer!

2. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Gotta' admire a spunky girl like that. Every flock needs a "Gracie" - love the pic [​IMG]

3. cindy99

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    Thank you. She is a real sweetheart. She loves to get inside my jacket and snuggle. She would rather be held than eat treats. [​IMG] The rest of them will run to what I put out and she runs straight for me. [​IMG]

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I'll bet she'd sleep in the bed with you, if you'd let her....

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

She is obviously the queen of the roost.

6. cindy99

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    Quote:Don't tempt me! [​IMG] We kept Bluebell in for over 2 weeks when she was sick. I kind of miss having a "house chicken" [​IMG]

Here she is watching tv with my husband

[​IMG]

and in bed with my younger son (not actually in bed -- he slept on the floor by her cage when she first got sick)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Very cute pic. If I didn't gently push them aside when going in or out the back door, I'm sure they'd all be inside. Unfortunately they too are buff orps. and poop the size of small dogs....

8. cindy99

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    Quote:She sure thinks so! She was smiling down at them all. They have never gotten up there before - not sure what got into her!

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She wanted the fanciest roost in the place.

10. CaitlynNichols

CaitlynNichols Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Newfields, NH
    Very cute!

When we had our first set of chickens they used to fly up onto a wooden post on the ceiling that's connected to the inside pen. We'd walk in at night to close them and find them chilling there high up we'd be afraid they'd poo on us as we walk beneath them. Eventually my father put in a wire mesh above the pen so they wouldn't do that anymore cause they always left a huge mess for us to clean up. XD

Ah, the good ol times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by