Look who came for a visit..**pics**

It is so pretty. I'm glad you don't permit hunting on your property.
woot.gif
I wish more people didn't either.

Quote:
You yankees say it your way and I'll say it in my southern grits way!
tongue2.gif

Who you callin a yankee? i'm a little girl.

ha ha ha....I stole that line from my 3 year old. Are you my baby? No, I'm a little girl. Are you a good girl? No, I'm a LITTLE girl...

I love to watch deer. I also love hunting.
In most areas the hunters do a service. They help to thin the herd. Without thinning Mother Nature does it her way. It is much more gruesome.

Last week I was mowing hay and jumped a small buck. He had a growth on the side of his head about the size of a quart mason jar. He could hardly get up and run off.

When populations of deer become too much for the land to sustain they begin to starve to death or diseases set in and thin the herd. Black tongue is a disease in our area that took about half the heard 10 years or so ago.

There is a lady that lives close to us. She never would let anyone hunt. She fed the pretty animals in her back yard. Then they ate her garden and started on her shrubs. She then hit one with her car and total lost it. Then a year or so later she hit another. She now gladly lets 1 responsible hunter hunt her place each year.

In the past year I hit a deer with my truck. $3400.00.
2 months later my wife hit one. $3600.00.

Also try picking the remains of a deer out of a combine. It is common for them to run directly in front of a combine. It is a mess and you can spend hours picking out the parts.

Hunters serve a purpose.

Darin

Last edited:
We have a herd of them that comes through our property every morning and every evening. My husband had put up a red rope to measure something and they stopped coming for two days and I made him take it down.

I love sitting at my kitchen table with a cup of tea and watch them graze at the back of the house. We've even bought deer blocks for them.

Pretty picture!

Laurie

I get deer on my property and i don't let people hunt on it either... I think they deserve a place they can be safe... I have nothing here that they can hurt...

I live in the woods on a dirt road... people hunt all around me. I do not let them hunt on my property but I have nothing against deer hunters... I just don't want to see it and I don't like to eat deer meat (yes i have tried it several times)..

my aunt was on her way to the emergancy room with her husband and she hit a deer... it messed her truck up bad,, she tok pictures of it for the insurance company and it looked thik a masacre happened on her truck... even after it was repaired we still found blood drops all over her truck.

and last year my mom ran over a newborn fawn that stepped out on the road... she tried to miss it but still ran it over... it must have been looking for its mother because it was way to young to be out by itself

Quote:
They sure do! We hit more deer with our vehicles per year than a hunter kills. I think it's more humane for a hunter to kill them than disease to spread, or packs of coyotes ripping them apart. Besides that, there are many wonderful programs out there for hunters to donate venison for the hungry! You can't beat that!

My car got hit by a deer that ran right into the side of it - during hunting season! That's when alot of the deer vs. vehicles accidents around here happen.
There's plenty of hunting going on around here to "thin" the herds, right up to our property lines. The minute they step over that line they will be arrested for trespassing.
mjsdhs, I'm sorry your happy thread got hijacked and that I contributed to it.
I appreciate the photos. They brought a smile to my face.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom