Looked like my chicks were bombed!!!!!

wayneh

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 25, 2011
N. E. Alabama
We got our chicks yesterday from TSC. 6 little RIR's. having to get up all night and check on them, I got a scare aroung 2:30am. we have a tin roof and it was raining pretty hard and the sound was very calming. so calming infact, when I checked the chicks, they looked like they just fell where they lay. It was so funny, looked like a war movie, little bodies laying everywhere. wish I had a picture. kinda scared me at first, but they were just sleeping. I guess they liked the rain also.

gig.gif
oh that is SO funny!!!

Hee hee - they are so funny when they sleep as little ones! I think the first week I had mine, I was always nudging the brooder or staring intently to make sure they really WERE alive, since they like to sleep all flopped over!

awww....
love.gif
Glad to hear your new additions are doing good. We have our chicks/duckling together that we got from tractor supply. I decided yesterday to put the heating pad under there brooder box and they where sprawled out everywhere LOL. I had to poke them to make sure they where still alive, but even then they did not move to much that is until I put more food in. Wish I had my camera to.

Last edited:
I found out just how instinctive there survival knowledge is.
I was watching them one night, a few were sleeping but most were running around or eating.
I had to cough, as soon as I did, every chick in there jumped up and froze solid as a stone.
they held the pose so long several started sagging and falling over sleepy, finally after about 45 seconds
1 lone cheep came out, then another and another until they got back to there routine.
I guess they thought I was a monster

LMAO!! Just got my new babies and I kept saying "they look like they're dead" but clearly they aren't--just a funny way of sleeping. I can't stand how cute they are and now when I watch them sleeping I visualize them storming Normandy in "Saving Private Rhode Island"!!

Back
Top Bottom