Lookie! Baby Hedgehog!

Quote:
big_smile.png
I know..i have issues..
hide.gif

Hes in a 4 ft x 2 ft cage. It has a solid plastic bottom and the top is wire. the kind that you can keep giunea pigs in..
Darn thing is still sleeping!
rant.gif
Bryan says.."ooh, what a fuuun pet he is..."
roll.png
gig.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png
I know..i have issues..
hide.gif

Hes in a 4 ft x 2 ft cage. It has a solid plastic bottom and the top is wire. the kind that you can keep giunea pigs in..
Darn thing is still sleeping!
rant.gif
Bryan says.."ooh, what a fuuun pet he is..."
roll.png
gig.gif

Usually mine would be up and about at night as long as the lights were not super bright. I was trying to figure out how long ago it was that I kept them and after doing that boy do I feel old!!! It was around 20 years ago! lol

My friend from another forum has one and says they are SUPER easy to care for.
I wanted one, but my parents arent too keen about them..,
smile.png

Its cute!
smile.png

So, the little nut case climbed OUT of his cage last night sometime...
And i have 6 cats that WANT to eat him!
barnie.gif

I didnt even know all day either..when hubby came home from work he almost stepped on him..
More...
barnie.gif

The poor thing! AND he had to have fell a far distance too! His cage is on top of my dresser...
hit.gif

He seems okay..but i dont really know yet..
I couldnt find any wounds (from falling or from my cats)..but i DID hear my cat chasing something this morning..i thought he was just playing...
hu.gif

He must have been tormenting my little guy!
rant.gif

Now i dont know what to do..the cage is like guina pig cage..the bars arent THAT far spaced apart...how can i keep him in the cage?? I'm afraid he wont live through another escape..
barnie.gif

Oh your cats will think twice once they catch him. They can be real pokey when irritated. I recommend you handle him a lot right now. A whooooole lot, otherwise he won't like to be handled at all when he grows up.

I recommend putting him out with the cats while you are supervising to see what happens.

My little hedgie was Privet Pietrain, get it... hedge.. hog...
lau.gif
Whooo I crack mself up!

Quote:
lau.gif
You goof!
Yeah..i hope he stays friendly..
hide.gif
fl.gif

ETA.. I still havent named him yet..
hmm.png

Last edited:
love.gif
awww! if you guys make baby hedgies i want one! i had one once, but it died from wobbly hedghog syndrome or whatever its called then the next one i got, i only had for a year before the landlord say no way. huh? crazy rules. Anyways, your set up sounds good. mine liked to escape too, id find him in my closet curled up in the lace edges of my wedding dress! we got him a taller cage with a slidey-type door on the roof he stopped. and he never seemed bothered by the fall, he was on top the 4ft ferret cage. they are SO sweet. and they Love Love Love the meal worms!

Quote:
LOL sure, if we have babies you can have one!
big_smile.png

Well, he stayed in his cage last night..(he wanted out though..
hmm.png
)
My husband put screening all around the cage to catch him if he gets out again..so he wont fall and break his neck. Hopefully.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom