Looking a little roo-ish…

I'm sorry to say... it looks more like a roo than a hen.
Ugh, thank you!! Guess we will see for sure when they grow up a little more. And also since we really wanted 4 hens, will probably repeat process and not pick them out at tractor supply next time! I definitely can’t have TWO roosters so still hoping for the best.. :(

I would wait on that one. I had a pullet that looked like that. I was so sure she was male, and was actively making a plan for what to do with "him". She was just an advanced female and laid an egg the next week.
Interresting! I agree, wait on it.

She was a green egg layer, so it all depends on what part of their parentage is displaying if you are judging comb size, I suppose. She had super stocky legs, too, so I was convinced until the egg showed up. 😅

You said they were supposed to be green easter eggers, right? That white one looks more like a leghorn to me.

I would wait on that one. I had a pullet that looked like that. I was so sure she was male, and was actively making a plan for what to do with "him". She was just an advanced female and laid an egg the next week.
Thank you! In looking at other posts here it seems like these hybrid breeds are super hard to tell. And as a beginner I’m completely stumped lol. I love them all already so it’s super hard :(

She was a green egg layer, so it all depends on what part of their parentage is displaying if you are judging comb size, I suppose.

You said they were supposed to be green easter eggers, right? That white one looks more like a leghorn to me.
Yep all were labeled green Easter Egger pullets. We chose darkest to lightest in the pile but the white one looks so different from the rest with literally no color just white that I was also starting to question breed- a leghorn rooster, I can just imagine!!

Back
Top Bottom