Looking at getting ducks!

I was raising ducklings inside just recently, and I could tell by their voices at around five-six weeks old. Females will get the clear, distinct, LOUD quack and males will have the softer raspy voice.
Thank you, this will hopefully help since i can only have 2 till we move.

So i will hopefully have the coop built for the ducks by spring. Do you leave food out all day for them? And if so do you have to limit how much they eat? Also along with the one kiddie pool could i just get 2 of the small black tubs for food/water or do they need different feeders? Trying to buy and get everything ready so im not rushing and missing stuff. Thanks again!

Hi, i have been looking at getting ducks for a couple of months. They would be bought in the spring because of winter being here already. I have chickens and would be raising them together. They would have there own coop feeder and waterer( which would all be diy). I was wondering if i could use regular chick/ chicken feed with brewers yeast.? And what breeds would you reccomend? Thank you for any info!
Do it!!! I cannot describe the joy ducks bring to your life. We have mallards, Silver appleyards, welsh harlequins, and are getting anconas. Recommend the silver appleyard the most but these all rock!

Do it!!! I cannot describe the joy ducks bring to your life. We have mallards, Silver appleyards, welsh harlequins, and are getting anconas. Recommend the silver appleyard the most but these all rock!
Im going to get some next spring hopefully! Im just getting all the supplies and info i need before the spring.

Im going to get some next spring hopefully! Im just getting all the supplies and info i need before the spring.
I’m glad you’re planning ahead. Ducks are very different from any other bird I’ve ever been around! I found this book to be crazy helpful before getting them and in half a dozen situations in the last year or so. It’s the Ultimate Pet Duck Guidebook by Kimberly Link 😊
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Pet...=1669864994&sprefix=duck+care+,aps,138&sr=8-4

I’m glad you’re planning ahead. Ducks are very different from any other bird I’ve ever been around! I found this book to be crazy helpful before getting them and in half a dozen situations in the last year or so. It’s the Ultimate Pet Duck Guidebook by Kimberly Link 😊
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Pet-Duck-Guidebook-feathered/dp/1501043803/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=16LHE4JW43DIH&keywords=duck+care+book&qid=1669864994&sprefix=duck+care+,aps,138&sr=8-4
Ill have to get that book.

Back
Top Bottom