1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking at mini incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SecretHavenFarm, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SecretHavenFarm

SecretHavenFarm Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    Shadow Hills, CA
    Just got my murray mcmurray catalog. I really have my eye on The Mini Advanced incubator.
    It says it will do 7 hens eggs and has an automatic turner, and costs $149.99

Does anyone have this incubator? How do like it? Or does anyone have a similar mini incubator that they would recommened?

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I don't recommened a mini one at all!! The reason is bc once you start hatching chances are you are going to love it
    and want to hatch more and more and next thing you no you will be asking yourself why you didn't buy a regular size one
    in the first place! Full size bators aren't that much more in price and I think you will save some money in the long run just
    buying the full size version.
    Jsut my .02!!

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
  4. SecretHavenFarm

SecretHavenFarm Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    Shadow Hills, CA
    Oh I know I will get addicted! BUT I only have 3/4 acre in a suburb of los angeles, and all tho chicken friendly, I do have to limit myself (for now [​IMG] )

5. Diamond Wire Farms

Diamond Wire Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    I just bought a 2nd Brinsea Eco 20 with turner for $149 including tax and shipping.
    Turning is automatic rocker. The humidity is super easy to control. I only have to add water about every 4-5 days.
    And it will hold 24 hen eggs (although hatching this number is a little nose-2-butt for my liking.)
    It not much more than the Mini-advanced and honestly we all pay attention to the incubator every 4-5 days anyway.

Hatching 24 at a time will hold you for a year or so. I fear the Mini is just going to make you want MORE too.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:I started with the MiniAdvance, bought a MiniAdvance EX next, then three Octagon20 Advance EX.

And this is all within....... 7 months.

7. stampntam

stampntam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    I got one for Christmas and I love it, only thing I don't like is it's not big enough. I am addicted. I had my first hatch and I now have two cute chicks. The others did not hatch due to me and not the bator
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    I you want to go for the Brinsea
    I have a 10% code that expires on January 31

I am not going to use it
    PM me and I give it to who ever wants it.

you may save on shipping

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by